Saturday, October 10, 2009

Brisbane Update

The weather was perfect and so I was out each morning and running along the river and in the Botanical Gardens. I did not linkup with Pat's group although I saw them. I decided as I did not know what he was doing I would stay away.

The aim was to do some speed work each day although nothing too much. Did a couple of 1k reps on the first morning ( I have not done these at all this year) and quickly knew how they hurt and how long a k can be when you are in agony. I doubt if I had either under 4.20 but they felt like 3.20's.

The next morning was long and steady and then some 100m stride throughs to get get some leg speed going.

Next day about the same. Each day I also did stretching and enjoyed watching all of the activity going on. One large group in the gardens did the beep test.
Last day and I went out along the road next to the river on the western side where the Brisbane Marathon runs. I wanted a good long section to do 4 x 1k reps. They were all close to 4.00 so a good improvement.

Lydiard
will tell you it does not take much to get your speed down and after a few weeks you will not get any quicker no matter how much speed work you do.

Overall a very pleasant 4 days running in Brisvagas but no so good with the work schedule I had to meet each day.

No comments: