Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A double weekend coming up


A testing weekend coming up. Bob Fickel the head of the Australian 1oo m Marathon Club has given approval for a marathon that is being run as part of the Sutherland Relay for Life (supported by the Cancer Council of Australian to be counted as an official marathon. Nice work Bobby.

So I am of for another track marathon ..grrrrrrr... Did I swear that the one a few weeks ago was the last one I would do or at least would do this year. Well not so. Maybe I will deal with 105 and half laps better that I did last time. Lets hope so.

The Sunday a trail marathon ... another of my worst nightmares when it come to running marathons. Trails and me and marathons are not the ideal combination. Give me a black surface with a broken down the centre and I am fine .. rocks, tree stumps, mud, water for ever changing running surfaces and I am challenged. A Sri Chimnoy in the Royal National Park just south of Sydney.

4th time I have run it so I know what to expect.

None of these comments should be considered as complaining just they the type of course just adds to the challenge on the day and when finished the greater since of achievement and satisfaction. If they were all road marathons I would complain wanting variety. Well I have variety this weekend.

Again time is no goal. Off course to finish is the first objective, then enjoy the atmosphere on Saturday supporting the Cancer Council with a lot of other like minded people and on Sunday the scenery on the course could not be so different to Saturday and to pinch myself at the start to look and take in some iconic Australia bush.

No comments: