Friday, April 01, 2016

Short update

I did not go away at Easter and so was able to do 4 mornings of some solid running. Increasing the distance of the run to just over 18k up from 13k. As I increased the distance each day I was able to also reduce the overall pace. Overall a pleasant break from work, some pleasant things seen and done around Sydney in the 4 days and a nice short block of training to get me back into it.

The training continued into the week with just Wednesday off for rest and recovery. A quick lap of the Bay (6.9k) in 38 minutes. I am okay with that for where my fitness is at the moment.

Later this afternoon I am back in Canberra for a WALKING  marathon. It is part of a walking festival and it against the rules to run. I have never ever walked that far and it should be interesting to see if I can do it under 7 hours. That is Saturday.

The following weekend back to the Canberra marathon that is off course all about running. No doubt during the event all I will want to do is walk.

No rest as the weekend after that a marathon in Toowoomba.  Yes the marathon season for me has certainly started.

No comments: