Friday, October 16, 2015

Melbourne Marathon on Sunday- lets just get it done and move on

With my health not good and then the death of my father last weekend and his funeral on Tuesday this marathon has not even been a thought until I checked my flight booking etc this morning.

On 2 short runs since the last marathon 2 weeks ago. 

Mind and body are definitely not on and in the Melbourne marathon on Sunday but I will be at the start line and expect some hours later to enter the MCG and over the finish line. 13th Melbourne Marathon and 213th marathon. I should know how to manage myself between the start and finish to just get a finish for this one.

Nothing heroic for me on Sunday. Last years 3.23 is just that last years time. A lot has happened in the year and I am just pleased to be at the start line with the expectation to finish. Time: just under 5 hours would be nice.  A few more to run this year before some time off to regroup my mind and body for what I hope will be a much healthier and quicker 2016. 

No comments: