Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Melbourne Marathon 4.44

Perfect weather. Organisation as far as I was concerned was okay.


This was never going to go near a repeat from last year when I ran 3.24. I was just hoping I would not have the issues I had at Sydney and the resultant embarrassing time. I am okay to run a steady half but fatigue sets in soon after that. I may be running the half a but too slow but at the moment I am prepared to run the first half at a 4.30 finish and see what happens in the second half. 

I ran the half in about 2.17. A slight fade in the second half for a 4.44 finish. Whilst I reflect on what I was running last year I am disappointed with the time but when I consider this year I have to be pleased I am running and under 5 hours is okay - just okay. Last year if it was over 4 hours it was disappointing.

How expectations have changed over 12 months.

One next weekend so that will be an interesting morning down at Bateman's Bay. 

No comments: