Monday, July 27, 2015

# 204 M7 : 5.05.56

I planned to run each half quicker than Dolls Point and not even splits. Idea is that I need to treat some of these early marathons after the operation as training runs. That is push hard for the first half and then hold on otherwise I will have the same intensity for the whole marathon and I don't want that at the moment.

I hoped for a 5 hour marathon with 2.15 and 2.45 halves.  I had 2.17 and 2.48 so I am okay with that as it was about as planned/expected. Also at halfway I was 141st position and ended up 138th. So despite the slow up compared to others I gained a few positions. 

What more can I say this is just one marathon on the way to getting back to a sub 4 on a regular basis. I have two choices for next weekend. Try a marathon on Saturday and Sunday at Brisbane or run one in Sydney. Undecided and I will decide by Wednesday to see how I feel. If I run the double they will be both slow and in the Sunday one I run the chance of not making the end by the cutoff or worse still a DNF.

Either way I may through my slow movement towards regaining fitness out. Maybe I should be happy to run a marathon on consecutive weekends and not put myself in a position where I could seriously injure myself or at least do some serious damage to muscles that are just not that strong at the moment. 

1 comment:

Ewen said...

The comeback's going well Ray. Yes, don't get injured.