Friday, July 17, 2015

# 203 Dolls Point Marathon: 5.26.39

I ran this last Sunday. The weather was predicted to be cold and windy. It was but not as bad as it could have been but for me it was still a beanie and gloves for the whole event. I never felt too warm as I was not moving fast enough for that to be an issue. 

I was really worried at the start that near the end it would become very ugly. That did not really happen and whilst I was slow I was always managing the fatigue and tiredness so that I knew I would finish it was just it was taking so long. In fact 2 hours slower than last year.

I started off with Jane and we ran about 7k together but she was moving at just over 6 minutes a k pace and I know that I could not last too long at that speed so I told he to go ahead. I was happy to run alone in my thoughts. I always planed to run the first half without walk breaks and to run it as quick as I could knowing I had another half to go. 

Yes I know even splits are the way to go but really this and the next few marathons are more about training that running them for only a time. So push hard for the first half and run/walk the second half. Hopefully to finish in under 6 hours. 

Splits were not even but that was to be expected with the race plan I had. 2.23 + 3.03.

Next marathon on Sunday week. Hopefully with the same plan just under 5 hours. 

No comments: