Sunday, January 25, 2015

Back posting!! Australia Day Marathon

Yes it has been a while since I have posted. To say the least I have been very up and down training since the start of the year. Some days i feel like training and I do. Other days I feel like training and I don't.

Some days I feel fine. Other days I do not feel well.

The extremes, are extremes and I am not settled. I want to be settled but for some reason or reasons I am not. Therefore I am not prepared in anyway for the marathon tomorrow. I am neither mentally or physically ready or prepared. It is about 45 minutes south of Brisbane and starts at 5.00 am to miss he heat and humidity. From my experience it does that for about the first 10 minutes and then it is a hot, uncomfortable battle to the end.

Why do it? I need to keep the marathons ticking over to get to 200 in Canberra in April.

My thoughts about a finish. Despite the conditions I have for the last 3 years managed just under or over 4 hours. That might not be the case tomorrow.

No comments: