Thursday, January 29, 2015

Australia Day Marathon : 5.03.35

Not what I expected as a finish time. Over the last three (3) years II have been just before and just over 4 hours. I believe I am as fit as on previous occasions.
 
BUT I did say that my focus etc was ebbing and flowing with large swings that have not been the case before. Perhaps on Monday I was experiencing a large ebb out and was not connected to the race. I thought I was connected and engaged and pacing myself conservatively for an even placed run.
 
That did not occur with the 4 x 10k loops being about 60, 70, 80 and 90 minutes give or take a few minutes. I got slower as the race went on but then again so did the heat and humidity. Will I use that as an excuse? No ! It is however and explanation of what was happening weather wise.
 
It was about 24 at the 5.00 am start and rose to 31 and most of the run was run in the temperature being in the high 20's and high humidity. That has not been the casein the past. Enough speculation. It done. Its run. Focus on the next one which is Saturday next.
 
Caboolture - 84 times around and around a track. I am already dizzy and am not looking forward to it. The challenge will be to run under 5 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still great effort mate. Most people your age would get tired driving that far!