Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Almost a 'hot lap of the Bay' morning

JD and I have not been running these for about 6 months mainly because I think he was having a short break and I was recovering from an op. Then we just did not get them set again.

We set this morning . It overcast and wet and pleasantly cool quite the contrast to the hot humid conditions over recent times. The lap has been changed to 5k along the 5k challenge course. It has been probably 12 months that I ran a session that anywhere near approached a 'speed session'. This would for me at least qualify as one.

I though I would not get much under 25 but held on for about 23.15 for about 4.38 pace. At 3k i said to JD I would start to fall off his pace as he was setting it. That was said again at 4k but I managed to stick in his slipstream to the end. We were also joined by Rach. 

Nice morning.


No comments: