Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Usual short hot lap

Another glorious morning around the bay. Jogging over Iron Cove Bridge at about 5.40 am in the sun is well and truly up. The traffic was quiet this morning and you could hear the rowers training below on the bay those swimmers still added doing laps at the pool. 

I might take some photos on Friday to let you see what I see.

Today before the start was the usual banter between JD, Rach and myself. Along the lines of  'I had a hard spin class last night will be taking it easy', 'I still feel fatigued from my last race, I will just cruise' or my usual 'I am somewhere between recovering and tapering between marathons, I'll just sit back and wait and see what you guys do.' You get the idea, that is noone is going to run anything near decent. HOWEVER never turns out that way.

Today Rach took off and was soon led and was comfortably moving away.By 2k she was 25m ahead and running at about 4.19 pace. If she held that to 5k she would have another PB. I moved up to her, no words were spoken and we ran side by side to 5k for a new PB of 21.40.

Then did some more core strength exercises next to the water on the grass. A very pleasant start to the day. 

1 comment:

Ewen said...

21:40 is quick Ray. I'd be very happy with that. Haven't broken 22 for quite a while.