Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wednesday : Easy 15k

First thank you to all you made positive and supportive comments. We all go through up and downs mentally and we we do need to get ourselves out of the downs that is sometimes difficult but it is certainly helped by having support. Really I shouldn't be down as life is very good at the moment and running should be just one aspect but for some of us it is part of our essential fabric and if running is not going well it seems to drag all other other good things down a notch or two.

Anyway onto he positives. I ran again and was pleased that after a late and tiring work night I got out an ran. A 10k TT in 52.xx and that was as fast as I was prepared to go or in reality could go. So that is SLOW.

Marathons coming up are Wagga (Dan see you there) on 22 August and Mudgee the following weekend.

Provided the ankle hold up I want to build up to 125k per week and just run through each marathon - that is no real taper. We will see how things go.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Keep blogging Ray - even through the hard times. I like to see what you're up to. Your determination to get the training done is an inspiration.

I guess you're getting treatment for the ankle, so I hope it eventually results in pain-free running.

Good luck with your build-up for the big things to come.