Friday, February 01, 2008

Update : 1st February

A month since I last posted.

There is bad news and good news.

The bad news : it was not a hammy but a stress fracture of the left femur. Not in the same positions as last time and not as severe. So there has been no running for 4/5 weeks.

The good news : as it was not as serious as before the best guess is that 7/8 weeks of no running should see it repaired enough to start running again. So it is just waiting and then picking a time to start running again and see how the injury responds - no pain then continue with the running any sign of pain and wait some more. I think I will ease back into some light running in the last week or so of this month.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

That is bad news! I'm just returning to the bay now, and you'll be away for a while longer. Mend soon.

Superflake said...

No good Ray. Hope it repairs itself and you can get back into it as soon as the pain is gone.

Tesso said...

Sorry to hear that Ray. But I like that you can find good news in an injury.

Just wondering if and what you will be doing exercise wise while you recover???

plu said...

Hang in there Ray.

cheers Plu

Jen said...

Ray, I'm sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed that your return to training is just as quick as you are!

Rob said...

Great to hear from you Ray. It's good that you are well into the healing process. These things do take time and no doubt you are itching to hit the road again. Keep us posted.

All the best.

Ewen said...

Sorry Ray - it must be frustrating to have such an injury. I hope you come back better than ever. A pity to miss Canberra, but there's plenty of time for Gold Coast.

Samurai Running said...

You can't say you didn't have a good run Eagle. Your running schedule of the last few years would have hobbled anyone even half your age.

Perhaps this will be a blessing and you could do with the rest. As they say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

Horrie said...

That's a pretty good diagnosis Ray. You will be running again before you know it. Looking forward to seeing you out and about again.

Unknown said...

Oh dear me! That's not what I wanted to hear, Ray! I know you'll do whatever has to be done to repair the injury....a bugger just the same as I know just how much you miss running in those early morning hours!

sook54 said...

How absolutely rotten, though not a surprise I know. Maybe see you on the occasional early morning walk at least?

Clairie said...

Sorry to hear the bad news...happy to hear it is not as bad as last time.

Hope you are well in general and life is good.

I have been out of the running crowd for so long now it feels like I lost touch with my family!!!

Hope to see you soon somewhere around the traps. Cheers,

Bernie G said...

Take care and hope to catch up soon.