Sunday, February 10, 2008

Further update : 10.02.08

Thank you all for your wonderful encouraging and supportive comments.

As you would be aware when you have a long term injury it can be very depressing and support from some great friends is a way of dealing with the feeling and looking twards recovery and positive thoughts.


After 6 weeks or so of no running I thought it was time to see if the recovery was progressed far enough to allow me to start running. It is a little earlier than I thought but I felt it was the right time to try.

So after my usual exercise program and walk at the Bay I managed to get up the nerve to ease from walking to a gentle jog.
With each step I was waiting for the stabbing pain from the SF to be still be present from the start or to occur on each tenatative stride. Neither occurred so 1k was completed but I must admit it was not much faster than my walking and probably not pretty either. However it is a start.

The real test will be tomorrrow when I again go for my walk - if there is pain then it is not recovered and I will need another week or so of rest.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Great to hear from you Ray. I am so gald that the healing is going well. No doubt, being a wise old Eagle, you will manage your return to running by exercising great care and patience. All the best Ray.

Jen said...

Good to hear from you again Ray. Fingers crossed that tomorrow's walk goes well for you.

Tesso said...

That's great news from today Ray. And hopefully the news from tomorrow will be just as good.

We've missed you!