Monday, October 09, 2006

MELBOURNE MARATHON 3.17.55

My last entry was on 23 June when I said the time for recovery was 3 months. Well I recovered a bit quicker and was able to start running in mid August. Progress was slow but positive and I decided to enter the Sydney Marathon and managed a steady 3.42 with no worsening of the injury.

As a result I ran the Melbourne Marathon and was amazed at the time - within seconds of last year. I ran it very conservatively with half splits of 1.41 and 1.36 on the way home. Nice negative.

Also in my last entry I expressed a wish to run/walk Fitzroy Falls Marathon - well I will do that on Saturday. That also means that I am a starter in the GNW100 miler again this year - which has always been my main aim for the year. Shame about missing Glasshouse.

How wonderful life is just to be healthy then add the bonus of being able to run - then add to run in spring around the Bay and life just just not get much better.

8 comments:

2P said...

Great to see the recovery went so well and also good to see you blogging again ;-)

Nice -ve split at MM.

Superflake said...

Great run Ray. Good to see you back strong after the stress fracture. Good luck with Fitzroy Falls this weekend.

David Criniti said...

Damn straight about life not getting much better. Good to see you firing again, and best wishes for GNW mate!!!!!!!!

See you on Saturday,

Dave

Horrie said...

Absolutely sensational run Ray. Huge Congratulations mate. It just shows that you can't keep a good man down. See you down in the Southern Highlands on Saturday.

Robert Song said...

Wow. That is a great time.

Welcome back to Blogland.

Jen said...

What a fantastic run in Melbourne Ray. It is wonderful to have you back and you are right - there is nothing better than being able to run (injury free) during spring!

See you on Saturday!

Tesso said...

Congrats on a fantastic run in Melbourne Ray.

It was so good to catch up again and great to see you back in action.

Good luck at FF on the weekend.

Ewen said...

Great to have you back firing on all cylinders Ray. That's an excellent marathon.

All the best for Fitzroy Falls and the GNW!