Monday, October 16, 2006

Fitzroy Falls Marathon & SMC Half

Well I thought I might go close to matching last years time but the hot weather made that difficult and I was not wrong. Got to half way just under 10 minutes slower than last year but thought the second half was going to be difficult. Got to 30k still feeling just okay but then the heat, last weeks marathon and the lack of long endurance runs took it toll.
I then decided that I would forget about time and just run/walk as I felt. I did want to practice of that for GNW but was not expecting to do it today. Survived to 4.52.xx - for my worst marathon time ever but felt very good at the end which was suprising.
Left soon after a cold shower to visit Lucky Legs and Jim at home.
Was persuaded to go to SMC on Sunday and to run the half although I thought it was an ugly suffle. I had no stiffness and so was suprised to run the first 19k in a good time then the last week of running caught up with me and I slowed to finish in 1.44.53. Have develpoed a but of a lean to the left which I know happens when I am very fatigued. Happened on both days.
No sorness today however I suspect it will arrive overnight.
Have entered Brindabella but will decide later in the week if I should run the 55k. I suspect I will but very much just to make it in bythe cut off time.

5 comments:

Horrie said...

You did well to hang on as long as you did on Sunday Ray. You were my inspiration to push harder on Sunday when I initially didn't feel up to it. Hope you recover well and make it down to Brindy.

Tesso said...

Things can't be too bad when you can back up and run a decent half the day after a marathon. Sounds like its all very valuable mileage in the bank for GNH.

Tesso said...

Make that GNW :-)

Ewen said...

The cut-off for the downhill Brindy is very soft Ray. You shouldn't have a problem.

That was good of you to drop in on Norma after Fitzroy Falls.

Unknown said...

Nice to see you out there today and on Saturday.