Friday, August 07, 2020

7 August: Aerobic

I didn't run this session  set by the program. Because I have extended it by three weeks I have some flexibility in what aerobic sessions I will run and just for the next few days I will not follow the program.

Today was about a 15k run at a firm pace that was the equivalent or close to 4 hour marathon pace. so in effect a Marathon Pace session.  I also wanted a pace that would not tire me out too much for the marathon I'm running tomorrow. 

Yes I know I'm training for a marathon but in the middle of the training I'm running a marathon. That is not what this program is about but I cannot be sure that the marathon on in either Sydney or Canberra on 8 November will be held and so when I have a chance to run an official marathon I'm taking it.

 The pace for the 5K splits was about as even as you can get. When I always try to have the slowest at the start and build from there.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you posting again Ray. Brings back memories of your Lydiard build up for your 100th marathon, which I followed with great interest at the time.

Eagle said...

Thank you for the comment. Yep back to some serious Lydiard training and this time hill sessions ect included. I just hope I have a proper marathon to run in. As I have said 8 November Sydney or Canberra,