Monday, October 08, 2012

Update and Fitzroy Falls Marathon 4.25.42

Friday
I ran even though the marathon was on Saturday. The Bay in 30.40 @ 4.25.

Saturday
Fitzroy Falls marathon. This is on trails and so slower than a road marathon. Left home at 5.15am with Jane. There was heavy fog once we were in the southern highlands. We arrived at 7.00 with plenty of time before the 8.00am start. It was overcast with light drizzle and it stayed that way the whole race.

This was all about becoming reacquainted with trails and off road running. I would have liked to have been 10/15 minutes quicker but I didn't taper etc so it was fine.

No issues and no to recover for my 4 hour pacing at Melbourne. I am looking forward to this run.

Monday
Nice easy run around the Bay in the darkness!!! Daylight saving has started.

Off to Perth now for a few days teaching. Back in Sydney for a run Friday morning before flying to Melbourne and then to Hobart to work again. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed you this morning Ray...my first wed hot lap in ages. I saw JD taking it easy on the way around, but not quite the same running the HL alone. Congrats on some great runs lately...seems things are building nicely for you

Prof

(29.11 in case you were wondering.:-)

Eagle said...

I had I nice run along the Swan River. 29.11 WTF!!' that's more than back. I will be in Hobart next week. See you after that