Sunday, October 03, 2010

Penrith Lakes Marathon : 3.57.32

It was wet wet and wet for almost the whole run. It is one of the few times I have started a marathon off in solid rain that kept up for more than half the race. But then again it was interesting and thankfully at no time did it get so cold with being wet that, that became an issue.

It was 8, yes 8 mind numbing laps around what was to Sydney Olympics rowing course. Having said that 42k is 42k whether it is in small laps or in some other set up. It was the first time the event was held and is about a 45 minute drive from my place, so I supported it. I would do it again despite the many laps.

I did not take splits for some reason. I just didn't do it so despite having a Garmin I really had no idea of pace as I decided to run on feel and not be a slave to pace on this one. However i did have a peak with about a lap and a bit to go which I thought was about 6k and I was at 3.25 and it was a very hard push to get under 4.

It will be an easy week this week for recovery as I have the Melbourne Marathon next Sunday. I will be in Melbourne from Wednesday for work and so training is always disrupted.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Nice going Ray. That sounds tougher than 42k on the track. Hope you recover enough to enjoy Melbourne. Hopefully they'll have similar weather to what Geelong enjoyed yesterday.

TokyoRacer said...

You continue to amaze me, Ray. Some people actually think it's normal to run 2 marathons a year.