Monday, April 12, 2010

A quick afternoon run

An afternoon run is a very rare event for me. I didn't run this morning but had an opportunity to leave work a little early. Got home and was about to make a coffee, check emails and log onto CR when I thought no bugger it lets do a quick lap of the Bay as the sun sets.

My short loop is the Bay Run with a start & finish near my home making it 8.5k. I rarely run this other than the second lap on 21k run. I felt like thrashing it and seeing what happened despite after a day at work feeling more like a rest than a run.

However as is often the case once you get started all the tiredness is left behind and the body seems to produce the energy that you thought you did not have. It started way quicker that I have run for a while and I thought just keep pushing mentally as hard as I can.

Resulted in a nice 39.15 @ 4.38.

No comments: