Monday, September 24, 2007

Sydney Marathon : 3.52.xx

Two weeks after Glasshouse I ran this yesterday. I have recovered well and have been training well. However I am aware you can feel okay but still not be fully recovered so I was happy to run with

Aunty
K and the aim of each of us having a good easy run and to enjoy the day.
I want to stay injury free for GNW and she wants to stay injury free for Busselton Ironman in early December.


We both thought between 3.50/3.55 would be just nice and that we did. She had all of a one day taper and I had the Friday off for a one day taper as well. The marathon concluded a 148 k training week. It was a great event and with an improved finish much more user friendly.


Two more marathons - Melbourne and Fitzroy Falls to conclude the marathons for the year. I have not decided how I will run Melbourne but as it is the last road one for the year I think I will give under 3.10 ago. Then onto GNW in the second week of November.

5 comments:

Superflake said...

It was great to see you and Aunty K in Drumoyne as I was feeling like crap coming down the City West Link. Good to see you still running hard at that point albeit slower than usual. Hope Melb goes well and you get close to the 3hr again. Be good to get 2 for the year.

Aunty said...

No more holding back for this old duck!!! :)

Go get Melbourne Eagle!!

K

Tesso said...

You guys looked so good as you passed by the cheersquad. Happy and relaxed and enjoying the moment - that's how running should be!

Rob said...

You must have ejoyed the feeling of an easy run Eagle. It sounds like you are going to blow away some cobwebs in Melbourne. Not that you would have much in the way of cobwebs.

Ewen said...

I'm sorry about the GH 100 Ray - must have been terribly disappointing.

Glad you had a nice run with Aunty K last Sunday. Looking forward to catching up with you next weekend.