Friday, February 24, 2017

The weekend: Orange Marathon

I am looking forward to the pleasant 3 hour or so drive west of Sydney over the Great Divide and onto the western slopes of NSW to Orange. This will be the 4th time I have run the marathon. The course is challenging on undulating country roads most of the way. Times varying from 3.34 to 5.40 last year when I was not well. I am not sure I am that much better this year. Maybe and then ago maybe not.

The weather is good for marathon running - or maybe at the start at least. Start 6.30 am so usually the coolest part of the day. Temperature range 12 - 26 partly cloudy. If the cloud stays around for a while it should be manageable.

No real plan another than to run within my self, keep below a heart rate that I have calculated (long story) and try and finish under 6 hours. 

No comments: