Friday, February 26, 2016

Where did the month go ??????

Almost the end of the month !!!

No blogging because not much has happened during the month. I ran/walked the Caboolture marathon a few weeks ago in a time best quickly forgotten but at least I finished. Took a week to run another step and it has been some reasonably frequent training once I got started.

My weight is still higher than I want. I need to be more focused on getting not so much what I eat but maybe the portions are a little too much for the reduced running. But increasing the running will need a slighter larger portion size. Why does being healthy and fit seem to be very complicated and maybe requiring some degree of control quite a lot of the time.

Anyway a BIG weekend. I always has planned to run the Orange marathon on Sunday then I discovered there was a charity event with a marathon conducted as laps of the Bay on Saturday morning. I have debated since I found out if I could do the double with all of my lack of fitness. I was very undecided and then as they say 'bit the bullet' and entered this morning.

Worst outcome I withdraw and walk home early.

I do not usually highlight and article but ...

Central Western Daily

1 comment:

Running Raggedy said...

Mate, that newspaper piece was just magic. You my friend are a true inspiration. It's cold outside and I didn't get much sleep last night. Oh yes, and my left shoulder cramps up every so often but hell, I'll get out their and run because you are right Ray ... there is always a lot to be grateful for and besides we run because we can. Really hope your recent events went well and that you are still on track for the 25 more in 2016. Mark