Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Canberra Marathon : 3.40.53 and #200 done

Well #200 is done and running marathons can resume its usual rhythm.

The weather was just perfect for running. As I said I started off with the 3.30 pacer or at least just behind the large group surrounding the pacer. I stayed out of the group as I prefer to run in my own space. I managed to stay with the group until about 20k and I was at the time maintaining a steady 4.59 pace.

At that time I knew I could not continue at that pace and so I eased back and for the next 10k averaged 5.15 but by 30k that was becoming more different to maintain. I did not consciencly ease back but I knew I was slowing down. All I was doing was running as hard as I could knowing what distance I had left to run

3 comments:

TokyoRacer said...

Congratulations on #200. That is truly awesome. And a good time, to boot.

speedygeoff said...

Congratulations. Saw you out there!

Ewen said...

You looked good Ray. 200 is a big milestone and 3:40 is quick!