Monday, April 28, 2014

Sri Chimnoy Royal National Park Marathon and some long term thoughts

A new marathon and only about 1 hours drive from home. In the oldest National Park in Australia, I think. I am told not too technical, Mostly in wide fire trails. Should be a pleasant bush run that is reasonably flat. 

It is certainly not a focus marathon by any means. Just a long Sunday run with no pressure to achieve any thing other than a finish at a comfortable pace. No idea what that means as I don't know the course but something in the 4.15 to 4.30 range I suppose is likely.

The next semi focused marathon is the Barossa on the 25 May. Again I don't know the course but it is said to be reasonable flat on the road. I think I am over my post treatment fatigue as I ran a 1.38 half on Sunday. The same as I ran a month ago before the Newcastle bomb. 

Barossa. I will treat it as serious and do will have a few days of taper. 

My main focus marathon for the moment is the Gold Coast on 6 July. I have modified my training to move away for the base building sessions and incorporating a couple of temp sessions to try and build on the base I have by increasing my stamina/endurance/speed more than I have now.That training is loosely following Daniels but is made difficult because I am running marathons in the lead up. Not ideal I know but that is the way I choose to do it. 

Focus because I will be just in the 65 + age group.

No comments: