Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Update

I did not start the GNW as I decided that if I injured myself in that I might be in the same position as last year and then need to pull out of C2K. Then nothing is achieved except being disappointed on two fronts. So by not starting GNW I know I will get to the start of C2K.

I have a great crew for C2K and we have already made travel plans for the two from Qld.

The hammy is just about 100% recovered. So it is just some nice easy early morning cruising around the Bay. I am not sure how you train for a 240k race other than get you mind in the right space. I know it will be tough and long and I need to accept that and just be patient on the day. Also I have never run in a race where the crew is on the road with you with supplies available every few k's.

Just one more marathon to go to end the year with 14. It is close to Sydney in the bush and will be now more than a walk to finish under 5 hours.

3 comments:

Jon in Tokyo said...

Good luck.

TokyoRacer said...

No, I think two of those things would be a bit much.
How do you train for a 240k race? I was trying to think of something funny, but the brain just boggles at the whole concept and nothing comes to mind.
Hope you make it through with your body and mind intact.

Superflake said...

I think do a bit of 2am running for a few hours would help maybe? Glad you didn't start GNW Ray. No good to pull out of C2K half way injured.