Saturday, July 10, 2010

Update

I did not run a step from the CG Marathon to the following Sunday. I cannot remember last time I had 6 days off. I just felt like I needed a mental and physical break and I was busy at work and went in a few days very early.

With 5 marathons in the next 6 weeks then there will not be anytime to really recover and train in that period. However it is time that I changed focus for the second half of the year. The focus will be on as many k's as possible to build a base.

The only focus marathon left in the year is Melbourne in October. Other than that the marathons will all be run hard but they will be part of the bigger picture of base building for the ultra's later in the year. I expect that I will try to run them in about 3.45 so that I can resume training within a day or so. I still plan to run some ultra's but the achilles is not recovered and I am really concerned about my ability with that issue to be able to make the distance within the cut off time.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Good plan Ray. Looking forward to sharing the trails with you at the ultras.. the silly season is nearly upon us :)

All the best at HV as well... I'm not sure I'll be running now as my hip has flared up post Gold Coast. These marathons take too much out of you!