Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Gold Coast Marathon : 3.37.13

Splits of 1.44.30 and 1.52.43. Short report disappointing time and a disappointing time and a ..... . Get the idea.

I die too much in the second half and I need to get back to high weekly k's and longer runs each day otherwise the base is going to evaporate. Problem is with me running 3 marathons in three weeks later in July I don't have any chance of any training except a few recovery runs in between.

I guess I had better start to adjust to the idea of some slow ones. However Hunter Valley and Bush Capital are not fast events anyway so I guess the aim will be quicker than last year. The M7 I am not pacing this year so I can run at my own pace.

2 comments:

TokyoRacer said...

So 4 marathons in July. That's either very impressive or very crazy, or...both, I guess.

Ewen said...

That's a shame about the second half Ray. You looked pretty good when I saw you at 30k - not far off the 3:30 pacers.

Good luck with fitting in some training between those marathons!