Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Update

A week and a bit past the Canberra Marathon and I have taken the recovery slow and easy. First run after the marathon was avery easy 6k on the Thursday. Have then run daily since Saturday with 20k on Sunday and Monday. Just turning the legs over at about no better than 4.50 per k. Nursing the calf along to recovery which is going slowing but always on the improve.

Need to get totally rid of it in the next 10 days as I will run the Brisbane Marathon on the 30 April and will cruise it in a tick under 3.30 if all goes to plan. The next focus will be the McLeay River Marathon on the 11 June. If the calf niggle I hope to give it a good go as the lead up to Gold Coast whic I would also hope is a better than good go like last year. I would define a good go as 3.15 or marginally better..

With not much happeneing in training may leave the Blogg for another week.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Looking forward to catching up in Brisbane Ray. The plan is to do dinner in the same place as last year on Saturday night. I'll start rounding up the troops and will you know more details closer to the time.

Meanwhile, take care of that calf!

CJ said...

Hi Ray - CJ here - you know, the one that kept behind you most of the way during the Canberra marathon! I just want to thank you for your company and encouragement during the marathon. There were times during the marathon when I thought if I could just keep you in sight I'd be doing okay.

Hope you're recovering well.