Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Sri Chinmoy Royal National Park Marathon : 4.08.50

I have not run in the Royal National Park before and never been on Lady Carrington Drive which was the course. The Royal National Park is on the southern boundary about 1 hours drive from central Sydney. I thoroughly enjoyed the run and the perfect running conditions . Cool but not unpleasant at the start and then it gradually got warmer but never where it was a factor.

It was a wide fire trail that had many small rises and falls, many twists and turns, some easy running on soft earth and more difficult with small loose rocks some very muddy sections that required skirting other wise you would get a shoeful of black ooze,. Overall all of that it kept you interested and alert. Just one trip and fall for me which is not too bad for me. 


 YES I DO RUN TRAILS - SOMETIMES 



This was a low focus marathon where time was not important but I just wanted to enjoy and off road marathon. Sometimes I run with an iPod but today I just wanted to enjoy my thoughts and the peace oft he bush . I always run with a Garmin and stated off with it but soon after the start I turned it off so that I would run how I felt

So overall a very pleasant morning run in the bush in perfect running conditions. 

I should be out with an easy run tomorrow and with 3 weeks until the next marathon I will have a week or so of some nice training between the recover and taper.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good to get the shoes dirty Ray. Looking forward to seeing how you go at GC as an M65.