Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wednesday Bay a struggle at 32.12

JD led from the start. He quickly jumped to a 15 meter lead that remained that way until about 3k and then he just powered on and steadily moved further in front. I had no answer for him this morning. The little hill session yesterday although not tough is new and it will take the legs time to adapt.
 
JD finished just over 30 seconds quicker than me and he did it easily in his usual smooth and relaxed style. How was the morning around the Bay? Cool but just perfect.
 
If I don't run trails in training but want to run a couple of trail events later in the year then I need to add some training to give me something than session after session on the flat.So I added some hills and then today I added some stairs about half a k away from the hill. So a hill set and then a stair set and all up just over 30 minutes. My legs are smashed in a way that does not happen no mater how you run on the flat.

No comments: