Monday, July 19, 2010

Hunter Valley Marathon : 3.40.51

Not the quickest time this year but a very satisfying run.

How you say? It was the strong second half that was very satisfying.

It was a very steady first half and a hard push to maintain the pace in the second half as the long steady hills on the second lap take their toll. I made to half way in about 1.49 which was about on target.

I ran strongly in the second half for about 1.51 split. I was counted past halfway in 48th position and finished in 34th. I was pleased with the strong second half - not for speed but the strength up the hills. I managed the hills very well and passed most of the runners on the up hills and once on the top was able to push on hard.

I guess sometimes it is not the time that is important or satisfying but how you run it and feel you have run it.



6 comments:

Johnny Dark said...

Good solid effort Ray.

TokyoRacer said...

Nice observation - how you feel can be (often should be) more important than time.
Thanks for your comment. The 10k Friday night race series sounds like a lot of fun. Every city should have that!

Superflake said...

Good run Ray.

Anonymous said...

Good solid run Ray.
See you at the M7 should be fun.

Cheers
Brick

Ewen said...

That's good Ray. So true about how one feels during a race often being more important than the time.

Samurai Running said...

I'll echo those sentiment Eagle. Sounds like a good run to me.