Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Update

Hell has it been that long since I last posted. In reality I don't have much time these days to read other Bloggs and so in reality I assume no one else reads mine either.

Well since the snow I have done NO training but a few marathons and they were :
20 July : Hunter Valley 3.36
26 July : Bush Capital 3.50
27 July : M7 3.51

Same sequence I did last year but this years the times were much worse and the least said about each one the better. They were quite franking very depressing times and each very difficult over the last 10k. I usually do not have that problem. I however know what the problems are: an ankle that is in continual pain and the cause is not known (so I am just continuing to run as best as I can which is not that good) and because of the ankle very very limited training and so my fitness is being lost at a rate of knots.

Those two combined elements just cause down right lack of keenness and that results in not getting out to train that results in lack of fitness that results in .... get the picture.

This is not usually me and I am struggling to get motivated and to get out training again notwithstanding the ankle issues. So I have made a commitment to myself this week to get out each day and do what I can and just accept that and work on slowly building a base for the BIG ones later in the year. Although GH100 miler is just under 6 weeks away. Not far really.

So where from here. As I said accept the pain and discomfort that is now always present but notwithstanding that just get out there and run and train. By doing that I hope that I just get to the start line of GH and GNW in a condition that enables me to finish provided I run smart in the race.

If they go well I may finish the year off with a rather interesting and challenging run and so take Canberra out as a focus run for time in 2009 provided I stay motivated that is.

7 comments:

speedygeoff said...

I'd miss your posts if you didn't blog...

Hamburglar said...

A rather interesting and challenging run? I think I know what that might be. Keep blogging Eagle, I enjoy a read from time to time. Cheers!

plu said...

I am here as well.

cheers Plu

Jen said...

I'm here too!

Horrie said...

Are you starting to think of a little jaunt that starts around Eden? It would be great to have you along for the ride.

Dan said...

Although I've only just found your blog Ray I've found it very inspiring to see what you're doing. I also wouldnt be so hard on yourself either. 3 marathons in 7 days under 4 hours is a great achievement, no matter what standards we set within ourselves. I saw that you might be at the Wagga Wagga trail marathon next week, if so I'll see you as I'm running too.

Robert Song said...

I think it is very understandable that you are a bit down on motivation. It must be no fun running with a chronic painful injury. Myself I certainly couldn't just keep ploughing on like you are and would re-asses my goals and plan some recovery time.

But you obviously have something of a high order powering you on and that indeed is something to behold and admire.

May your mojo soon return.