Monday, October 23, 2006

Brindabella : 53.8k : 5.15.59

I managed to recover from last weekend very well and was out and around the Bay on Tuesday and each day of the week except Saturday. My favourite at the moment is 2 laps of the Bay with a 5 minute rest in between and getting below 32 minutes for each. Not super quick but about right for my running at the moment.
Ran Brindabella and was 1 hour 15 minutes faster than last year. Makes up for the FF Marathon last week. Tried out some trail shoes for the first time and they worked well. Tried out a new eating diet on the run and it worked - well something worked as I ran the whole course up and down all the hills and felt much stronger in the last 21k than the first 33k's.
As the distance went on I just felt stronger and stronger. Maybe the cheese and nuts that I ate !!! No carbs at all on the run at all and just water and the electro drinks at the aid stations. Oh I think a coke or 2 with 10k to go.
No problems today and gave the SF a good test and it seems to ber fully healed. All going well for the GNW preparation.

6 comments:

2P said...

That's a huge improvement on last year Ray - good idea to get your experimenting out of the way before GNW.

Horrie said...

You were certainly in the zone when you went past me Ray. I can't believe you put 13 minutes on me from there to the finish. It shows that you were certainly finishing very strongly. Your fuelling strategy certainly worked well for you. Things are coming along very nicely for GNW.

Jen said...

Fantastic result Ray, congratulations. Glad to see all systems are go for GNW!

Gnscon said...

Hey, I didn't know you were out at Brindabella. Good work on the run you seem to be getting stronger towards your GNW goal.

Ewen said...

That's a good double Ray.

Cheese and nuts! Must try that when my long runs get up to something decent.

2P said...

Look fwd to reading your successful GNW report Ray.

All the best ;-)