Friday, September 01, 2023

1 September 2023: Long over due post and update

 Yes over a year since I last posted and I hope to be more regular in the future. 

I am still running marathons and am now up to 382 and slowly moving onto 400 sometime early next year. My health is fine I am still being treated for my metastatic cancer that is in my lymph nodes. The cancer spread from my prostate that I had removed abut 8 years ago. The treatment is by way of a Lucrin injection about every 4 months.

That is the way it will be until something changes.

I now have two beautiful granddaughters both from my eldest son aged 3 & 4. They are gorgeous and are a delight to be be with. They have spent the winter at Cooma and are now very accomplished skiers for their age. My eldest son was married in October last year.

My middle son was married to his long time partner in May and are on a delayed honeymoon in Europe at the moment. I am renovating a terrace house 2 doors up and that will be completed by the time they return and they will live in it.

My youngest daughter was married in June and then went to Europe for 6 weeks for her honeymoon. She lives in regional Victoria and is with me for a few days this Father's Day weekend as she has a number of things to do in Sydney. So nice to have someone in the house with me. 

So all my children married within 9 months. I am very happy for each of them but it did not affect me in daily basis as they had all been out of home for years. 

I have off course retired as a practicing lawyer a few years ago and really do not miss it. I thought I would after being a lawyer for just on 49 years. I do fully occupy myself with full time teaching at the College of Law. That is mainly teaching in the LLM course focussing on the Family Law subjects.

Next marathon? Maybe Sunday 10th in Brisbane but I have a minor back issue and I may not run and save myself for the Sydney Marathon on the 17th September.


No comments: