Monday, October 14, 2019

Melbourne Marathon : 4.32.02

Well that was an interesting run in the marathon. 

Just as an aside - how inspiring was it to watch the sub 2 hour marathon run on Saturday afternoon. He ran like a machine and looked as relaxed at the end as he did at the start. What a runner and what a champion. 

Despite my thoughts about just being happy with running under 5 hours I did start off thinking maybe I could do a little better - perhaps around 4.30 was the stretch possibility. So I stated off at that pace and it felt not too pushed but I know I could no go any quicker and expect to hold it for the 42k's.

So that was the pace I decided to try and hover around although between 10 - 20k I went a but quicker than planed then eased off.

The 5k splits were very consistent in rounded minutes: 31, 31, 30, 30 31, 32, 32, and then the blow out between 35 - 40k in 36 minutes. I have to say I was pleased to:


  • run consistent splits until the last 5k; and
  • be back around the 4.30 finishing time. 
Some rest and recovery for the next week with a marathon in Sydney on the weekend

No comments: