Wednesday, March 08, 2017

HOOK for Bravehearts ; 5.24.38

This marathon being held for the first time in support of a worthy cause was held about 90 minutes drive from Sydney just north of the Central Coast.

There was plenty of rain when I left Sydney and it rained off and off on the drive. Thankfully it eased by the time we started at 6.00am in darkness. The course was 8 laps of just over 5k per lap. I didn't mind that set up. The rain held off for most of the event with just some light drizzle for me on my last lap. 

Before the first lap was over it was light. I just took it steady hoping to run even splits. That was fine until halfway reached on about 2.38. That meant my brief thought of a sub 5 was not going to happen. I felt some fatigue arising and knew it was going to more of a struggle both mentally and physicality finish.

Head down and trying not to think about the physical and mental pain. 



I was not surprised by the slow down that was occurring. I just did not want to surrender to a walk. I managed that and was as usual so pleased to complete another. About 9 days to the next one that will be run with a great weekend of ultra running in Canberra at the running the track at the AIS. It is a pleasure and honour to be laped by some of the greatest ultra runners we have in Australia at the moment.

I feel like a fraud walking off the track at about 6 hours.

No comments: