Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Carcoar Marathon next Sunday and some thoughts

This marathon is on Sunday. An easy and beautiful 3 hour drive from Sydney over the mountains. 

Am I ready ? No. 10 days ago I ran the Batemans Bay marathon and today was the first day I have run since. And that was not a run but no more than a jog around the Bay. I don't want to blame anything because it is me that has not got out of the house in the morning. I just don't have the energy or desire. I want to go out but it just does not happen.

Could be the side affect of the hormone treatment that is permanent.

I am back to 2 little voices in my head. That takes me way back to my drinking days. At the moment one says go and run and the other makes excuses (either real or imagined) that I should not and at he moment the 'not run' little man is winning except for this morning, thankfully as I felt much better having jogged the Bay. 

I am not sure how I can get on top of this issue and I want to. Maybe some professional help like I did all those years ago.

Carcoar is a tough hilly course so I know it will be a real test and I will have to use all the experience and will power that I have to finish. I don't need fingers crossed but just a positive frame of mind to get the job done. 

No comments: