Friday, November 14, 2014

Belated; Carcoar 3.54

Somewhat late. I have not been well.

A disappointing time that was 12 minutes slower than last year. I just could not get into top gear and run quickly, freely. It was a struggle on the flats whereas last year I ran quickly on those same sections. No explanations why. I guess just the ebb and flow of the body and on this day it had ebbed out much further that I would have expected. 

This was the last marathon for the year and the 25th for the year. I have not really reflected on the year to day and the marathons ran. I may do that a kind of summary for the year to close that part off until 2015 and hopefully to do it all again. Health permitting.

At the moment I am just trying to get my head around running C2K - the 240k monster in early December. I have run it three (3) times before so I know what it is about and what is required. But it is so long that no amount of training get you prepared as so much can go wrong over the almost 2 days it takes to finish or at least that is how long I will take.

I have 2 crew and would love to have another. It is not an easy ask to be away from Sydney from Thursday to Sunday and then stay awake for 2 days and nursemaid an old bloke trying to do something that is not that easy. 

No comments: