Monday, July 18, 2011

Hunter Valley Marathon : 3.52.xx

Yes I know a while since any updates.

I trained well after the Gold Coast and that started with restarting the Wednesday laps of the Bay with JD and the Professor. Our first was the first Wednesday after the marathon. I felt okay but for various reasons it was agreed it would be slow and we did that and ran about 37.30. The next week we thought we might go a bit quicker but maybe around 5 minute pace. A 31.50 in about 4.33 was not was agreed but is was a nice run. I plan to run this Wednesday but it will be back for me at least to a 37.30 lap.

Mum died last week and whilst it might sound heartless I did continue to run. It felt okay to do that as she was proud of my running and I am sure she would have wanted me to continue. You can still grieve and run. Even when your mother dies life must go on.

Despite saying that you cannot expect to be unaffected. So whilst I was running my mind was certainly more on the loss than some training session to improve my running. It was being done on auto without much attachment to what I was doing.

The marathon was more of the same. I started, I ran and I finished and not much thought went into anything related to running but my thoughts were on Mum and the loss that our family and friends have suffered. However our family is not unique in that regard must accept what has happened and move on positively with our lives as I know that is what she would have expected.

Not much more can be said about the marathon other than it was run and completed. If there is anything pleasing it seems the hammy issues that have plagued me for the last few months have finally completely recovered and they are no longer an issue or concern.

No marathon next weekend but then a nice double the following weekend with the Bush Capital on Saturday and the M7 on Sunday. The Bush Capital is all off road and tough so well over 4 hours is still a good steady run. The M7 I may just run with Jane and for once run for the pleasure and enjoy the run.

The following weekend another marathon in the bush in Sydney and again close to 6 hours is an okay run.

1 comment:

TokyoRacer said...

Condolences on the loss of your mother.

But nice to hear that the hamstring is no longer bothering you.