Saturday, November 29, 2008

Canberra Preparation starts !!!!

By my calculations tomorrow is 20 weeks to the Canberra Marathon - 140 days and I will do all that I can to train each day from now until then. No rest days like other programs but easy/recovery days instead. Active recovery.

Tomorrow Will be the first day of the preparation and so is 19 weeks 6 days from the start or day 19.6 and Monday will be 19.5 and so on counting down the weeks and days.

At the moment I will be building up my aerobic base by three (3) types of running - that is three speeds but all in the aerobic heart rate range. The hope is that in the next three weeks I will be able to build up to between 140 - 160 k per week and hold it for 6/7 weeks until I am ready to move into the next phase in February.

I also plan to set out the weeks training in advance and then see if I have meet the key elements of that session. It is all Lydiard and this is the first time I have carried out his theory totally and it shoul dbe intersting to see where it gets me in 20 weeks.

My only qualification is that I have a tendon issue in the left foot that causes an immense amount of discomfort while runing and after. This was caused during GNW and has not responded well to treatment mainily because I have kept running. Despite the punding I am giving it it seems to be recovering better after each run. Lest hope it lasts.

No comments: